From Real Simple Magazine, November 2010
Hands-on time: ~10 minutes
Cooking time: ~20-25 minutes
- 8-12 oz pasta (Calls for rigatoni, I used shells. We actually used 16oz and that was way too much!)
- 1 "bunch" or 16 oz of broccoli
- 1 small onion (I used yellow)
- Olive oil, as needed
- Cooking spray, as needed
- Salt and pepper, as much as you prefer
- 1 lb Italian sausage links, (I used Lightlife brand=fake sausage) casings removed and meat broken into 1-inch pieces
- Parmesan, shredded, as much as you prefer
Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
On a rimmed baking sheet, spread out broccoli, onion, and sausage. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spray with cooking spray.
Bake for 8-10 minutes. Flip/toss ingredients. Bake for another 8-10 minutes.
During baking, cook pasta according to the package directions. Drain pasta and return it to the pot.
Combine all ingredients. Add olive oil to make the dish moist. Sprinkle with Parmesan.