I made peanut butter cookies from a mix and banana/oatmeal cookies from scratch last night. I found this recipe for the banana/oatmeal cookies on www.allrecipes.com and modified it to my liking. Here is my recipe:
Oatmeal Banana Cookies
Makes 24-48 cookies, depending on size
- 1 1/4 cups margarine (I used a butter substitute)
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten, or substitute for 1 egg (I used Ener-G egg replacer)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 3 very ripe bananas, mushed
- 1 1/2 cups raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, mix everything together to form a moist mixture.
- Create cookie balls and place a dozen on each cookie sheet.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes in preheated oven until underside is browned.
- Allow cookies to cool before eating.