Monday, June 14, 2010

Cookies

I made peanut butter cookies from a mix and banana/oatmeal cookies from scratch last night. I found this recipe for the banana/oatmeal cookies on www.allrecipes.com and modified it to my liking. Here is my recipe:

Oatmeal Banana Cookies
Makes 24-48 cookies, depending on size
  • 1 1/4 cups margarine (I used a butter substitute)
  • 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten, or substitute for 1 egg (I used Ener-G egg replacer)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 3 cups rolled oats
  • 3 very ripe bananas, mushed
  • 1 1/2 cups raisins (optional)
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
  2. Grease cookie sheets.
  3. In a large bowl, mix everything together to form a moist mixture.
  4. Create cookie balls and place a dozen on each cookie sheet.
  5. Bake for 11-13 minutes in preheated oven until underside is browned.
  6. Allow cookies to cool before eating.
  7. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read comments on what I write, but *please* be considerate to others and me. Thank you.