Friday, June 4, 2010

JCPenney towels


I saw that in their newspaper ad today that JCPenney is having an Appreciation Sale, which means you can take 15% off anything through tomorrow (Saturday). I did want more green and blue towels for my apartment in Connecticut, so I went shopping online at jcpenney.com I settled on these.

I was going to use the 15% off code (15JUST4U), but then I remembered that one of my favorite bloggers: The Thrifty Mama had posted a code for JC Penney for $10 off a $10 purchase (DADROCKS). I chose one olive green and two serene blue towels to make my total go above $10. I shopped through upromise.com, so I should get 3% of my purchase back (I think it will be just 3% of $1.97, which was my subtotal, but hey $0.05 is 5 cents!).

Here are the details:
Towels were $3.99 each ($9.99 originally)
Promotion: ($10.00)
DADROCKS
Total Savings: ($28.00)
Subtotal: $1.97
Standard Shipping & Handling: $5.95
Tax: $0.48
Order Total: $8.40

I don't think I could have done any better than $2.80 per towel, and that includes shipping and tax!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read comments on what I write, but *please* be considerate to others and me. Thank you.